Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Ch Ch Ch Chia!




Chia seeds are absolutely amazing!- Chia pets are cool too but thats not what were talking about. In fact I have no clue why chia pets are called chia pets and not clay pets or grass pets.

Want to know more about Chia Seeds? Click here.

Here are some recipes I have made with Chia Seeds.

These are the seeds I have got them in my grocery stores organic section near flax seeds.


*Hydrate Chia Seeds- 1/4 cup seeds + 2 cups water. Mix them and then set in refridgerator for a few hours. They will start to gel in 10 minutes but to fully gel let them soak up the water longer. Chia seeds are ok to eat raw or hydrated. If you hydrate them it is easier for your body to absorb all their nutrients. Hydrated seeds will yield about 17 fl.ounces and will last 3-4 weeks in the fridge.

1. Chia Breakfast-
            1 tbs. hydrated Chia Seeds, 1 cup greek yogurt, and half a banana.Mix them together and enjoy! Make sure you drink with warm tea or a glass of water.


I will add more as I make them :)

-Simply Yours-
Ally Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment