Monday, July 29, 2013

You Probably Won't Get Skinny Eating This

So just what the title says....you really probably won't get skinny eating this so why did I make it?

I'm trying to eat healthier which means mostly good vegetables and fruit with some carbs but let me tell you I made this fried rice for my husband (the white rice is for me) I tried it and found I really couldn't put the spoon down. Yum whole eggs and soy sauce. Plus my favorite veggie is peas.

How to make:
Its simple of course! I used natural ingredients and used only a bit of oil and the sodium that is already in the soy sauce. This is the best fried rice I have ever made.



Ingredients: (I am not putting the amounts because I dont measure when I cook and you might like more of a certain ingredient in yours when you make it)

Long-grain White Rice
Peas
Eggs
Soy Sauce
Green Onion
Olive Oil
Garlic


1. Cook the rice. I just emptied the bag into a pot and added water, enough water to cover the rice and fill the pot up about 2 inches. Sorry that I dont measure things.

2. Heat up a skillet with a little bit of oil and some minced garlic. Heat until garlic is brownish.

3. Add rice (drain out excess water before adding), chopped green onion, and soy sauce to the skillet. Watch and continuously stir the rice so it doesn't burn.

4. Cook peas (I used birds eye steamable peas).

5. In the skillet push everything to one side. On the empty side crack your eggs (I used two). Using your cooking utensil scramble the eggs until cooked. Then with your utensil chop the eggs up in the skillet and mix with other ingredients already in the skillet.

6. Add peas to the skillet. and turn off the heat asap.

Enjoy!


*I barely used garlic so you could eliminate that from the recipe- the soy sauce kind of overpowers it or I just lost my taste buds.
**My husband says don't eliminate the garlic because even though I didnt use enough to be able to taste it apparently it enhances the flavor no matter the amount you use......I will leave the decision up to you to use it or not. :)

-Simply Yours-
Ally Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment