Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cleaning Your House

So this is really the first time in my life I (just me alone) am responsible for keeping a clean house. The cleaning gene runs in my family and quite honestly I didnt think I had it. Now that I have my own home (not a dorm or a crappy apartment) I am so proud of it I want to keep it clean. I really drive myself crazy sometimes trying to do just that because there are so many nooks that get dirty quickly or that I have overlooked while cleaning and I feel like I just find a new "dirty" spot everyday no matter how much I clean.

To help me not miss the nooks I made a cleaning list. It's pretty detailed too. I have realized that this list is not for everyone- I showed my husband and he said "I don't need a list to tell me what to clean I can just walk into a room and clean it." I find that funny because 1.he doesn't clean I do and 2.when and if he cleans he misses spots haha. But you might be like him and not need a list (hopefully you are a better cleaner). I like double checking my work by using the list and with a baby its so easy for me to get sidetracked so my list can help me remember what I was doing. I'm sure after cleaning this place for a few more months I will have this all memorized and be able to focus more on cleaning so I wont need this list.

The first page is the list. I went room by room and thought of everything that needs to be cleaned and stocked. The second page is what days I will do the cleaning and a list for things that need to be done monthly, quarterly, twice a year, and every year. I still have to figure out what to write in those spaces like cleaning the oven, garbage disposal, fridge and behind it, the fireplace, etc.


Click the picture to download the PDF

Simple enough I created this in Microsoft word and then I laminated it so I could check off the boxes with dry erase marker.

-Simply Yours-
Ally Marie

9 comments:

  1. Hi I was wondering is if you had this in an editable form??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I do....I will look for it and post the link here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this! Could you please email an editable copy to ccdrum91@gmail.com. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. A Pinterest post said you would email this as a word document. If so I would love to have it! My email is stephaniebryan71@ yahoo.com. Thanks. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Is there an editable version?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you email the document too? lauramineheart@yahoo.com thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Would you email me an editable Word document to griggconsulting@gmail.com? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you kindly email the editable doc.? dashercreations@gmail.com thanks a bunch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello can u send me a copy on lyle_taylor_07@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete