Thursday, July 4, 2013

Eating Right

***I will have to update this as my lifestyle progresses***

So the other day I was on the app store for my android phone and I somehow came across this app called "Noom" sounds funny but let me tell you this is probably the best app ever! I use it every day.

What is it? It helps you keep track of your weight, workouts, and calories. Perfect right? I am constantly on my phone wasting time on facebook creeping on peoples profiles and into their lives (I admit it and I was addicted) plus I was posting too much information about myself so I kept trying to go through facebook withdraws but then I realized just how some smokers are addicted to putting a cigarette (or whatever they smoke) in their mouth, I was addicted to turning on my phone. I really found myself doing it every 10 minutes  I would check the time, the date, my messages, emails, and yes facebook....so when I came across Noom within the first day I thought this would be a great app for me because 1.I dont like writing down the calories I eat and 2.I would be more productive on my phone.

My first week using Noom.....what has it done for me? (or what have I done for myself rather) Well I have kept track of my exercise, step count (pedometer), and calories this entire week. Its funny how instantly I ate less because I was sickened to realize how much I do snack and the things I snack on. So for a whole week now I have been eating less food :)
I also have a better understanding of the food I eat. According to Noom you should take the calories per serving divide it by the grams per serving and if you get a number less than 3 then it is really a good food for you.....if its over 3 you should really limit how much of that food you eat. So Noom has a lot of foods categorized for you already (good stuff is GREEN, ok stuff is YELLOW, and red stuff is BAD) and each meal you should eat about 50% green, 30% yellow, and 20% or less red. So I have been eating less, eating healthier, and working out more. For me its very rewarding seeing the progress I have been making- Noom has lots of charts to show your progress :)

At the end of week one I have lost about 5lbs.....and most people would say thats water weight but I dont feel like it is either way its getting me closer to my goal.....I hate to admit it but I need to lose 100lbs 95lbs :(

So if you are fed up of being fat, unhealthy, unhappy, whatever just like I was I think you should try Noom. Even if you think you eat well I urge you to just try it for a week I bet it will help you eat better.

Its so SIMPLE! It really does all the work for you (of keeping track and graphing....not the work of losing weight haha but that would be awesome if it could just take the weight off you with one use)


-Simply Yours-
Ally Marie

Here's the app if you want to check it out!

Check back for updates.
Update Week 2- Down 5lbs total :)
Update Week 4- TBA

No comments:

Post a Comment